Monday, June 27, 2011

A brand new day

I had a bit of an emotional breakdown last night. In hindsight, I should have seen it coming. I'm sure everyone else did. I've been so stressed out with my dad's passing and everything else that has been going on. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Unfortunately, I dragged another person into my meltdown. For that, I'm sorry. But I think the outburst was ultimately a good thing. I woke up this morning thinking so clearly. I actually feel better today than I have in weeks.

The weight I've been carrying on my shoulders doesn't feel nearly as heavy. Instead, I feel ready to tackle whatever comes my way today. In addition to letting my emotions get the better of me yesterday, I let them dictate my eating. I overdid yesterday. Not in a terrible way, but I definitely ate more than I should have. And I ate because of how I was feeling, not because I was hungry.

But today is a brand new day. I feel refreshed and re-energized. I guess sometimes you just need to start with a clean slate. So that's what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment