Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Slowly but surely

Last week's weight: 188.6
This week's weight: 185
Difference: 3.6
Total weight lost: 86.8

After a pretty dismal, but expected, result last week, I'm pleased to see the number on the scale be slightly lower than the final tally before my dad passed away. That 10-day period wasn't an easy time, so I wasn't too hard on myself. But I have tried to turn things around this week. I didn't eat as well as I should have, but I definitely kept my indulgences under control. I ate out twice, but I think I made pretty good choices. And, despite wanting gobs of ice cream and macaroni and cheese this week, I've managed to resist the temptation. I've given in a little with lowfat ice cream, but I've skipped the mac and cheese entirely.

Anyway, I'm not feeling particularly inspired by this week's loss. But I am glad to still be losing. That's really all I can ask for at this point. It is getting harder and harder. And I still need to lose 3.2 pounds over the next two weeks to meet my goal of 10 pounds lost by July 1. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible. I'm going to at least try.

No comments:

Post a Comment