Friday, June 24, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: No one to blame but myself

Last week's weight: 185
This week's weight: 186
Difference: +1
Total weight lost: 85.8

When you eat a bagel with cream cheese, lots of s'mores, a giant burrito and lots of chips, you gain weight. I really shouldn't be surprised. I usually try not to be too hard on myself, but this week I'm mad. I was doing so well. It was a real struggle last weekend and early in the week, but I forced myself to make the right choices. By Wednesday morning, I'd lost a pound. But then I slipped. So to end the week having gained a pound is frustrating. I know what I need to do to lose weight. Why is it so hard to stop eating the foods that hinder those efforts? And, I'm all but certain now that I won't reach my goal of 90 pounds lost by July 1. I guess there's always a chance I'll lose 4.2 pounds in the next week, but that's not likely. It's just so disappointing because I really believed I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment