Friday, March 4, 2011

Back to blogging

I apologize for barely blogging the past couple of weeks. I've been pretty open so far about things, so I might as well tell you why. I started dating someone. Spending time with him and, well, just thinking about him have dominated the past couple of weeks.

I've tended to use this blog to write about whatever I'm thinking about. But, for the most part, that will not include this relationship. So I haven't been blogging. I'm sure I will eventually share some thoughts and feelings, but I don't plan to be too detailed. I'm sorry, but that's just how it's going to be.

That said, I am committed to blogging about my journey. And this relationship is a part of that. So I'm going to try to keep a balance and resume blogging. The person I'm dating reads my blog, so I'm sure he'll tell me if I've revealed too much.

Plus, right now, my thoughts are on how to start losing weight again. For several months now, I've barely lost anything ... just a pound here and there. I know my eating habits are to blame, but I don't know how to control them. I try to keep track, but then I don't. I try to make a plan, but then I splurge. I know it's about focus. I need to regain the resolve I had early on. The problem is that there are so many things vying for my attention. Although they are good things, they do keep me from being diligent about my weight loss.

I keep hoping that one day something is going to click again. The good news, I guess, is that I'm not gaining weight. Another good note, I'm routinely buying clothes in the misses section now instead of the woman's section. That's an amazing feeling. But I do have a goal of losing the last 40 pounds by the end of this year. I still thinks it's possible. As usual, wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. That's very nice to hear! Do keep your eye on that long-range goal, too, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and let the journey continue!

    ReplyDelete