Friday, March 4, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Emotional eating

Last week's weight: 188.8
This week's weight: 190.6
Difference: +1.8
Total weight loss: 81.2

I'm not surprised at all that I gained this week. In fact, I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd gained even more. The past couple of weeks have been pretty chaotic and overwhelming -- in a good way. But my eating habits have not been very good. I've been very honest so far, so I have to admit that there's been some emotional eating going on the past couple of weeks. I keep trying to resist the bad foods, but then I just can't. I find that the worst time of day is after work. I eat dinner, but then I just want to snack. And I haven't chosen the best snacks -- Girl Scout cookies, chips and hummus, cheese and crackers. If I could give up the snacking, I think I'd be OK. Plus, I haven't exercised nearly enough. As usual, all I can do is start again and hope for a better week. I have some really good things happening in my life right now, so I'm not going to let a little setback here and there cause me too much stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment