Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The source of the problem

I've spent the past 30 minutes logging everything I've eaten since Sunday on the Weight Watchers site. And I think I've discovered what's causing me to gain weight -- I'm eating too much and the wrong foods. This is not exactly a major discovery because I think I already knew it. But it does help to see exactly how much I'm eating and, in some cases, be reminded that I didn't make the smart choice at a restaurant.

I was pretty bummed earlier today about the recent weight gain. But you probably know by now that I'm not the kind of person to just ignore a problem. I was tempted to bury my head under the covers when I got home today and sulk. Truth is, there is a little sulking going on. But I'm trying to overcome it.

Problem solving is what I do best. So that's what I've decided to do. I walked 2.4 miles this evening and so far I'm slightly under my daily Weight Watchers points allotment, which means I can still have a little snack before bed. Oh, and I've increased the amount of water I'm drinking significantly today.

All I need to do is repeat today and I should be headed in the right direction. As part of my plan, though, I'm going to try to plan what I eat better. For example, I'm going out to lunch with colleagues tomorrow and I'm already thinking about what I will order. If I decide in advance, I'm less likely to make the wrong choice.

I was very successful at losing weight for a year. There's no reason I can't be successful again. So I'm trying to keep my chin up and just start over ... again.

1 comment: