Thursday, March 24, 2011

Signs of progress

Despite yesterday's setback, I woke up today feeling reinvigorated. Of course, it's possible that my walk last night and my reassessment of what I've been eating helped. I know it's not going to be easy, but I am determined to be successful again. I know how to make the right food choices. I feel mentally prepared for today, which includes lunch and dinner out. I'm trying to take it one day at a time. Yesterday was a good day for eating and exercising. I think today will be, too.

I know I've said this before, but one thing that makes a huge difference in my attitude is having support from my friends. Once again, I'm thankful for the comments people have made in person, on facebook and on this blog. I can't tell you how much it means and how motivating it is to know that others understand my struggles. The support is amazing. It actually makes me believe I can get back to where I was.

I don't really know what to expect at tomorrow's weigh-in. I'd love for the number to at least be lower than last week. That would be enough for now to keep me going. But I am trying to prepare myself to see a higher number. I don't want anymore backsliding, so I know I need to get my head in the right place. I really enjoyed yesterday's 2.4-mile walk and eating better definitely puts me in a better mood. That's going to be my focus right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment