Friday, March 25, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Not too bad

Last week's weight: 195.4
This week's weight: 194
Difference: -1.4
Total weight lost: 77.8

Of course, I would have liked to have lost more weight this week. But under the circumstances -- lots of stress and a little splurging -- I'm happy with the number. When I weighed earlier this week, it looked like I had actually gained since last week. So I know I should be happy with the result. I'm still disheartened by the fact that I'd hoped to reach 85 to 90 pounds lost by April 1. Obviously, I will not achieve that goal. And as much as I talk about getting back on track, it's not easy. Just last night, I was at a charity event and at mac and cheese, a brownie and a cookie. I knew I shouldn't do it, but I simply didn't have the willpower to stop myself. That's the part that scares me. In the beginning, my resolve seemed much stronger. I don't know why it's waning now. I think it does have something to do with food, especially sugar, being an addiction. The more I eat of it, the more I want to eat. Plus, as I've said before, my success has a lot to do with planning meals. I'm doing better this week, but still not as good I was for much of last year. All I can say is that it's a slippery slope, and I'm really trying to end the backsliding. If I could string a few good weeks together, I think I'd be in a better place. For now, though, I'll just keep working on taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment