Sunday, August 8, 2010

Clearing my mind

I've decided to re-adopt an old habit -- listening to music. I used to sit for hours and play my favorite CDs. The songs I chose depended on my mood. But it was always a good way for me to clear my mind or to at least be focused in my thinking.

So I'm picking up the habit again starting today. I've already listened to John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" and several Bonnie Raitt songs. My mood this afternoon is pensive ... in a good way. I stated in a recent post that I like to dream about the future. That's what I've been doing. (I'm only taking a break because I had to do something for work. I figured I'd write this post while I had the computer on.) It's funny that both artists remind me of specific times in my past, yet they somehow make me want to look forward. Interesting.

My work is done, so I'm about to turn the stereo back on. I wonder what CD I should listen to next. Leading candidates are the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, Nanci Griffith or Van Morrison. What kind of music do you like to listen to when you're in the mood to think about the future?

1 comment: