Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Name that mood

My iPod died about two-thirds of the way through my walk tonight, so I spent the last third trying to determine what my playlist says about my current state of mind. Trust me, the music I'm listening to always says something about where my head is at the moment. Anyone want to try to interpret for me?

Here's the list: (and I'll make it easier by including a favorite line or two from each)

1. "I Would Die 4 U" by Prince -- "I am something that you'd never comprehend."

2. "Could Have Been a Song" by Pat McGee -- "I could have sung about tomorrow but I couldn't find today."

3. "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks -- "It didn't take 'em long to decide that Earl had to die."

4. "Gunpowder & Lead" by Miranda Lambert -- "He wants a fight, well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet."

5. "I Am A Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel -- "I've built walls"/"And a rock feels no pain;
And an island never cries."

6. "I Don't Think I Know Me" by Eddie From Ohio -- "I've always tried too lead a responsible kind of life"/"I don't think I know me as well as I thought I did."

I'm also wondering what other songs I might have chosen had my iPod not died. My best guess is that my walk would have included at least four more -- "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison, "No One" by Alicia Keys, "A Pirate Looks at Forty" by Jimmy Buffett and "The Wing and the Wheel" by Nanci Griffith.

No comments:

Post a Comment