Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feeling better

After a few days of being in a funk, I think my good mood and positive attitude have returned. Today was the first day in about a week that I've felt really good -- mentally. Physically, I feel great every day now. It's amazing how much better you'll feel after you lose more than 60 pounds. Duh!

Anyway, I've been down in the dumps. Nothing specific, just not as upbeat as I had been. I've been fighting against it, though. I spent all day Sunday watching movies, relaxing, thinking -- simply trying to refocus my brain on the good stuff. I had a major setback Monday, but today things seem to be turning around. Of course, things haven't been perfect, but I'm back to a mindset that allows me to deal with the unexpected in a positive manner.

I feel truly fantastic today. And a funny thing happened at work -- I was put on the spot about what my career aspirations might be. In the past, this would have really thrown me and made me feel awkward. But I feel confident about my response. I also got a good laugh when a colleague included me on an e-mail about participating in a 5K in downtown later this month. I don't think I'm going to do it because I'm not quite there, but it is nice when someone else recognizes that I'm trying.

Once again, as I lose weight, I'm discovering that it's affecting my outlook and thought process far more than I ever expected. Losing weight is showing me that I really can achieve anything I set my mind to. I've also been reminded in the past few days that maintaining personal relationships with people isn't always easy. It is about give and take. And it's something I know I need to work. I'm trying. Don't give up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment