Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A splurge to die for

I was warned at dinner tonight that I better not go home and blog about feeling guilty for what I ate. It's actually quite the opposite. I don't feel guilty at all. I feel like the splurge was well worth it.

I've said it before, but I really believe I've developed healthy eating habits. I rarely feel tempted to get off track. I make smart choices without really thinking about it. So I didn't even hesitate when I decided to go to dinner with a bunch of co-workers.

I ate cheese and chocolate fondue. They were to die for. I also drank a mojito, which was a splurge because I normally stick with light beer or wine. In eight months, I've rarely splurged. I had fun, ate too much and loved every minute.

This is how I envision the rest of my life. I'll make the right choices most of the time so that I can go overboard every now and then. I think that's real progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment