Sunday, September 26, 2010

My new obsession (um, goal)

This whole weekend (including Friday because I was off from work) has been about getting my head in the right place to move forward. I think I'm there. I walked 3 miles this morning, which gave me a lot of time to think about my priorities. I'm tired of my brain feeling like it's all over the place. So I've decided I really want to hit the 75 pounds lost mark before the last weekend in October. That's when I'll be going back to Virginia to visit my family, some of whom haven't seen me since I was at 25 pounds lost.

As of Friday's weigh-in, I had 8.8 pounds to go, so it's going to take a lot of focus and commitment if I'm going to do it. But this is what I want. I plan to devote 100 percent of my mental energy to achieving this goal. (Well, except for the part of my brain that already spends 24 hours a day thinking about work. I don't see that changing.) Usually, when I get obsessed with something, it's all I can think about and talk about. You've been warned.

It's a risky goal. I'll probably be crushed if I fail. But I don't usually fail once I set my mind to something. And I definitely don't shy away from a challenge. I'm challenging myself because I need to feel a sense of accomplishment right now and this is something I have complete control over. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. YOU SAID:
    "I definitely don't shy away from a challenge. I'm challenging myself because I need to feel a sense of accomplishment right now and this is something I have complete control over."

    When you put it that way, it sounds really easy. Go for it! Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete