Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: Seeing is not believing

I'm skeptical about the number I saw on the scale this morning at my weekly weigh-in. It said I lost 1.8 pounds this week. I should be ecstatic. I'm doubting the number because every day until today, the scale has said I've gained weight this week. And that made sense to me because I have been pretty far off track with my eating habits.

I had visitors last weekend, which meant eating out a lot and drinking a little too much beer and sangria, and then during the week I splurged quite a bit (including Chinese and pizza). I expected to gain weight this week. I was OK with it. So you can see why I'm surprised. Again, I know I'm being irrational. Why can't I just be happy that I lost?

I'm going to try to move past these thoughts quickly. It's really about the big picture anyway. I've now lost 66 pounds total, which also is unbelievable ... but in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment