Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: I knew it wasn't going to be good

There was no surprise this week when I stepped on the scale. I've been off track for a couple of weeks now. I've tried not to go overboard, but I knew I wasn't going to continue lose weight if I kept eating and drinking the way I had been.

My choices this week were deliberate. I knew some of them weren't good, but I made them anyway because they involved socializing with friends. Learning to be a little more extroverted is a big part of this process, so the result -- a slight weight gain -- was worth it. I've had so much fun this week and I don't even mind that I gained weight -- it was less than a pound.

For several weeks now, I've been lamenting that I've been in a rut. After months of transforming my mind and body, I felt stuck. In fact, I felt like I was regressing and returning to my old self. Not with my eating habits, but definitely when it comes to my outlook on life.

This week has re-energized me to push through this rough patch. I was reminded by a good friend just how far I've come and how much I should be appreciating the changes I've made. My friend convinced me that I am different now ... a better person now, a more likable person. He said it was clear that my self-confidence is lagging far behind my new image and it needs to catch up quickly for me to truly continue making progress. I don't know about that part, but I'm going to work on it. What's the worst that will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment