Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: Discouraged

For the first time since January, I honestly feel discouraged. I've been disappointed before. But I feel like my old way of thinking is starting to creep back into my head. You know, the voice that says, "What's the point? Just eat whatever you want. Why are you putting yourself through all of this? Where's it getting you?" I don't like it, but I don't know how to stop it. I'm not exactly sure what number I expected to see on the scale today, and maybe that's part of the problem. Every week until this one, I had a good idea of where I stood. I knew whether I was going to gain or lose. And the few weeks when I gained were no surprise. This week, I did lose two-tenths of a pound. OK, at least I lost something. But I also walked 16 1/2 miles since last Friday. And my eating habits weren't bad. The worst part of it is that I still haven't hit the 75 pounds lost goal. I'm at 74.6. Physically, I feel better and stronger than ever. Mentally, not so much. I think I just need something good to happen.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some fabulous advice or uplifting words. But I've been there and I know how you feel. All I can tell you is that the only worse feeling (and it's so freaking worse) is gaining weight back and constantly thinking about how you ruined the effort you put in. You'd be thrilled to be back at 74.6 pounds lost again. You'd wish you just would have held on a little longer. You'd be so much more upset. I know because that's where I am right now. So don't be like me. It's a miserable place.

    And you lost weight. Think about the week before and how much weight you lost, then average these two weeks and you'll see that you're just where you need to be. Last week was kinder than this week, that's all.

    And think about buying new walking shoes. You don't want to injure yourself so bad you can't do anything (again speaking from the girl who can't run at the moment).

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete