Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: Out of control

This week has been a whirlwind of activity, which has meant eating and drinking too much. In fact, I'd say things have been out of control this week. Everything. Just plain chaos on so many fronts. And I've been left asking myself "What was I thinking?" on more than one occasion. Living in the moment is a lot of fun ... until it isn't. I have a couple of regrets from this week, but I'm hoping I can look back and laugh one day.

Anyway, I didn't actually weigh in this morning like I usually do. It's a long story as to why. Let's just say life got in the way. But I've recorded my weight every week since January, so I didn't want to miss one. I figured weighing when I got home from work was better than not at all. The result was pretty good -- 1.8 pounds lost. That finally allowed me to cross the 75-pounds-lost mark. I'm now at 76.4!!!!!!

The overindulgence of the past few days is bound to catch up eventually, though. I'm excited about this week's number, but I'm prepared for the scale to strike back in the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on hitting the big milestone, even if it's a few weeks after your ideal moment. You still enjoyed the trip home - and I'm pretty sure they were able to see you'd made some serious progress - and you can enjoy getting there now!

    The only thing I'd mention that I'd noticed this week is fairly continual indulgence. This is the hard part for me, figuring out the line between punishing myself with no treats and acting like it's all OK and I can eat whatever I want. Or conversely, the difference between a single indulgence and what the hell all the time.

    Interestingly, each of the 2 0r 3 times I've indulged, it has shaken up the stuck scale and a couple of pounds have moved on. I'm wondering if it's an insulin surprise or something.

    ReplyDelete