Monday, February 7, 2011

I need a hug

That's not easy for me to admit. I'm not all emotional like I get sometimes. I'm just exhausted. After being sick last week and a long day at work today, I think I mostly need someone to convince me that everything will be fine.

For just a little while, I want the weight to be lifted off my shoulders. I don't want to think about everything I didn't get done today. I don't want to think about trying to lose weight. I don't want to think about how I'm not exercising.

Part of my brain knows that I have the ability to control all of these feelings. But the rest of my brain wants to be comforted and reassured. Some sort of pep talk would be nice right about now.

What's funny about how I feel tonight is that it is unusual. I write a lot about feeling crazy or freaking out or irrational thoughts. I hope by now that you know those posts are about gaining control of my thoughts. As soon as I write about something, my mind usually settles down.

Today, my brain is not out of control. I'm very calm and almost relaxed. That's why it's so strange to feel the way I do. Some days, you just need a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment