Friday, February 4, 2011

Skipping this week's weigh-in ... sort of

Since I'm taking a sick day, I'm missing the official weigh-in at work today. I did weigh at home this morning, though, and I was content with the result. But my scale and the one at work always give me a different number. I will weigh-in Monday at work and report the results then.

Being sick has really hindered my efforts this week. I haven't kept track of what I've been eating and I've done no exercise since Sunday. The good news is that I think I've made relatively smart food decisions. I've been tempted a lot this week to splurge. My throat has been hurting so bad and all I've wanted to do is eat ice cream. Instead, I've eaten Weight Watchers popsicles and frozen yogurt. I've also been craving comfort food -- pancakes, mac and cheese, bread, etc.

This morning is a good example. I almost had myself convinced to make a run to McDonald's for breakfast. One side of my brain just kept telling me that it was OK because I'm sick. Luckily, the other side was stronger today. I made a triple berry smoothie. OK, so I still want pancakes, but the cold of the smoothie is actually making my throat feel better.

The problem with being home all day by myself, though, is that I end up wanting to snack. Sitting on the couch gets so boring. I tend to want to eat when I'm bored. On the bright side, I don't really have "bad" foods at home anymore. So even if I do splurge, it's not like I'm going to get completely off track.

I'm just going to try to forget about this week. Being sick sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. Plus, I'm feeling much better now than I was earlier in the week. One more day of rest and I think I'll be good as new.

No comments:

Post a Comment