Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: I knew it

Last week's weight: 192.8
This week's weight: 190.6
Difference: -2.2
Total lost: 81.2

For the first time in weeks, I was excited to weigh-in today. I've been diligent since Monday about everything I ate and drank. I even refused to go out to dinner Thursday night because I feared that I'd over do it and I didn't want to ruin a good week. I knew it would pay off -- 2.2 pounds lost this week. That also means losses two weeks in a row. Woohoo!

Now for the bad news. It's been a struggle. I've been starving all week. Don't worry. I've eaten plenty of food. Trust me, I'm not the kind of person who just doesn't eat. The difference this week is that I have paid more attention to portion size and I've kept track of my Weight Watchers points daily. And I used just a few of my weekly points, which explains the significant loss.

I said it earlier in the week -- keeping track makes a difference. I believe the hunger will subside as my body re-adjusts to eating healthier and smaller amounts. I feel a little like I did when I first started a year ago. Food is an addiction and I had allowed myself to gradually start eating things that weren't so good for me. Overall, I was still losing weight. But, as you know, I'm pretty unhappy about how little I've lost in the past three months.

I knew it was time to decide which path I wanted to take. I could adjust my eating habits and continue to lose weight or I could decide that I had lost enough to be happy. I have not lost enough. The key now is going to be maintaining my current level of commitment. It won't be easy. But it is necessary.

2 comments:

  1. so awesome and I understand the "hunger"..and considering some of the ups and downs that i have seen in your status's this week, you have done an amazing job! So proud of you and it sounds like you are proud of yourself...which really does make the difference Sherry..it is one step at at time, one day at a time! way to go lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad to hear it, knew you could get back on track. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete