Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It happened again!

I was feeling pretty good yesterday and today and then, all of a sudden this afternoon, my mood changed. I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders. I have just one more day before vacation, so I should be downright giddy. What's wrong with me?

I think it has something to do with not wanting to disappoint people. I've had to make a couple of decisions lately that I know are right, but I also know some people will be disappointed with my choices. I really do agonize before I decide something. People don't always get to see that side. Why do you think I don't sleep at night? I'm always thinking, analyzing.

Of course, I also got to thinking that maybe the changing of the seasons has something to do with my mood swings. A friend was talking about his dog being mopey. Mopey -- that's exactly the word I've been looking for to describe how I've felt lately. I'm trying to recover, but I feel mopey. And I don't like it. I've been grumpy with people at work. I've been too harsh with friends. I've even been tempted to go off on a few strangers.

The worst part is that I feel like my mood could shift at any given moment. One minute I'm on top of the world. The next, I'm biting someone's head off. Something's just a little off kilter. I'd like to figure it out. I suppose if I'm honest with myself I already know the answer. I don't want to admit it. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment