Friday, December 10, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: Pleasantly surprised

I had a few bad weeks, but the scale is once again working in my favor. For the second straight week, I've lost more than a pound -- 1.2 pounds this week. That brings my total to 78.2 pounds (and ever closer to my goal of 80 pounds by Dec. 31). Woohoo! I haven't done as well as I should keeping track of what I've been eating, but I've tried not to overdo it too much. The past two weeks have involved eating out a lot (and drinking) but I've tried to make smart choices. Still, five of the past seven days have included some sort of splurging (beer, wine, steak, cake, thai food, etc.). What I think I've done better this week (except for the one night when I gorged on thai fried rice) is not eat or drink so much. I'm also surprised about the number on the scale this morning because it's really been a bad week. I've been in a terrible mood pretty much every day since Monday and my stress level has been extremely high. But I'm going to try to put that behind me and just enjoy this week's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment