Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Plus 1s everywhere

I got a little bummed at one point today when I was asking a colleague whether she was still planning to attend our newsroom holiday party Friday night. She said she was pretty sure she was still coming, plus 1. I don't know why the plus 1 comment was a problem today ... she is bringing her husband, so it wasn't exactly a surprise. But it made me think of the long list of "plus 1" responses on the facebook event page. Should I write "minus 1"? That's how I feel sometimes. It's a topic I've refrained from writing about in this blog mostly because I figure it's nobody's business whether I'm dating anyone. I talk about a lot of personal stuff. Some things just aren't for public consumption. But it's been on my mind this afternoon, so I figured I should write about it. I am, after all, trying to be less OCD about things. On that front, my Letting it go: Day 3 rating is an 8 ... again. I'm really proud of myself the past two days (and most of Monday). I made up my mind about something and I'm sticking to it. It feels good and healthy. And I'm not going to let the plus 1s bother me. I know I'm going to have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Letting it go is definitely a good thing - congrats on your success with it thus far. Something I let go a long time ago is the +1 business. I haven't had one (with less than four feet, at least) in about 12 years now, and I've had a pretty good time most of that time, and done a lot of stuff I wouldn't have been able to do if I had to accommodate someone else's wishes and schedule. So definitely go, and definitely have a great time (and I hope you find some shoes!)

    ReplyDelete