Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bargain shopping

One of my favorite things about losing weight is buying new clothes. As you probably already know, I shop a lot. It's a good thing I'm a bargain shopper or else I'd be really poor.

I do feel like I've been spending too much lately on clothes, but it's hard not to when I keep finding deals and it's hard to resist anything in a size 14 or a large. I really don't remember the last time I could fit into those sizes. I think I wore a 14 in middle school and I tried to lie to myself in college and say I was a 14 when I was really a 16 or an 18.

I'm pretty happy with today's finds -- capri pants, a skirt and three shirts for $60. No longer having to wear plus sizes has opened up a whole new world of shopping to me. I went in Old Navy today for the first time in my life (I think). Got a skirt for $9. Wow.

I've always liked to shop, but it also seems like a really good reward for losing weight. I lost 3 pounds this week. Surely I deserved to add a few new items to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment