Saturday, May 21, 2011

A fake shake

With the weather getting warmer, I've been craving a milkshake ... specifically a mocha shake from Port City Java. Since I won't be having one of those, I decided to experiment. The result was quite tasty and definitely satisfied my craving. So here's the recipe in case you want to try it.

In a blender, combine:
1/2 cup cold black coffee
1/4 cup Edy's Slow Churn (1/2 fat) coffee ice cream (I bought the single serving container and used half for one shake, so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it all. Also, you could probably use chocolate instead of coffee.)
1 teaspoon Hershey's chocolate syrup
Ice (You can use as much as you want depending on how thick you want it.)

It came out kind of slushy/icy but it tasted really good and it felt like a real treat after sitting outside on a hot afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment