Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Better than I deserve

Last week's weight: 187
This week's weight: 186.6
Difference: -0.4
Total weight lost: 85.2

I'm baffled yet thrilled to have lost weight this week. Considering my splurges on martinis, wine, chocolate-covered almonds and cake this week, the result is better than I deserve. I really wouldn't have been surprised to have gained a little. But I'm going to be happy about the loss and move forward. Maybe this is the weight-loss gods making up for all those weeks when I feel like I tried so hard and didn't lose anything.

The funny part is that I actually weighed seven times this morning and 186.6 came up twice and it was the highest number, so that's what I'm going with as the official number this week. Plus, I know I've got my work cut out for in this next week. The holiday weekend offers several opportunities for overeating/drinking and at the end of next week, I'm taking a vacation to Asheville, which will surely involve quite a few indulgences.

My goal right now is to simply not gain over the next two weeks. I still have 4.8 pounds to lose by July 1 to reach my short-term goal. That's not going to be easy, but I think it's possible ... if I don't overdo it on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment