Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Confidence is building

I did an unofficial weigh-in this morning and the result was better than expected. The scale says I've lost a pound since last week. That would be fabulous given that there was some splurging over the weekend when I was visiting my family. I tried not to over do it and I've kept up with my walking -- 11 miles since Saturday.

If I don't blow it between now and Friday morning, I will be at my lowest weight since I started this journey. That's an amazing feeling, especially given the hurdles in the past six months.

My confidence also is growing because I've bought new clothes. I'm wearing a new dress and shoes for the second day in a row. I feel a little self-conscious in dresses and skirts, but I do seem to be hooked on them. Deciding to wear them is part of the mental journey. It's about realizing how much better I look now and how much better I feel about myself.

So, for the first time in months, I feel the tide turning. All signs are that I'm headed in the right direction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment