Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feeling fantastic

This has been a crazy week. It started with a post on Sunday about how something didn't feel right. I was in a funk. I couldn't explain it. I still can't. But things have definitely been better since then. And it's weird because I've actually been suffering terribly from allergies for the past two days. Yet somehow I feel fantastic.

I feel like my head is in a good place. No irrational thinking in days. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I've been thinking very rationally, which has helped me make several decisions that had been weighing on my mind. In the grand scheme of things, they are all minor concerns, but I was stressing so much. I see now that I was being stupid.

I am at my best when I just put all of the negative thoughts out of my head and jump in with both feet. If I want something, I figure out a way to get it. Right now, what I want most is to maintain my positive outlook. I'm excited to get up and go to work every day. I'm excited to walk my neighborhood. I'm excited to listen to my favorite songs. I'm excited to cook great meals. I'm excited to have a simple conversation with someone about something that makes me laugh. So many things make me feel good, almost giddy sometimes. And it's often the small things that make me smile the most. But I find that I'm generally in a good mood and I don't let stuff bother me like I used to.

There was a time when I would have beaten myself up about something stupid I said or did. Really. I would have probably spent hours thinking about whatever it was. Now, I think about moving forward -- continuous improvement. Nearly every thought is about how to solve a problem or how to make something better. I'm thinking about things that make me happy. And as a result I'm doing a lot more things that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment