Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekly weigh-in and some other ramblings

So I'm a day late (or technically two days late since it is 2 a.m. Sunday) reporting my weekly weigh-in results. At my official weigh-in on Friday morning, I had lost 1.4 pounds last week. That put me at 73 total. I didn't quite hit my goal of 75 pounds by Oct. 29, but I was so close. I feel good about it. I've come a long way.

What I don't feel good about is how far off track I've gotten in the past two days. I've eaten and drank way too much and way too many things that weren't good for me. I am on a mini vacation with my family, so I knew there would be splurging. I guess I'm OK with it. I just wish I had the will power to resist those bad things. And, unfortunately, once I get off, it's not pretty. I've made a few wise choices, but overall not a good couple of days. I'm really afraid of what the scale will say when I get back to Wilmington Monday.

I've also been facing some mental hurdles since arriving in Richmond on Friday afternoon. I've spent so much time working on my attitude and training my brain to be positive. It's really hard for me to be around negative people. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just don't have the patience for complaining and bickering. It's so annoying. If something's wrong, fix it. Figure it out.

Oddly enough, I've also had a lot of time to think. I feel like the noise in my head is getting out of control again. My brain was so quiet and calm for so many days, maybe even weeks. Now my brain seems to be obsessing about every little thing. That's something I've been fighting so hard. Just this once I wish there was a switch to turn off my brain or at least a way to erase the stuff I don't want to think about.

I'm sure that stuff is the reason I'm blogging at 2 a.m. instead of sleeping. I feel so tired and sleepy. When I close my eyes, though, my brain feels like it's going to explode. So many thoughts go through my mind at once. And they are so loud. When I get back to Wilmington, it looks like I've got some work to do to recapture my inner peace. But I'll get there again.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, have you ever tried meditation? It works great for me. I feel like I have several radion stations playing all at once in my head thinking about work and all the things I need to accomplish. Meditation shuts those down.

    And I know what you mean about the negative whiners. No room in my life for those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried meditation, but you aren't the first person to suggest it. I think walking has helped, but when I don't do it, I have no way to make my brain be quiet.

    ReplyDelete