Friday, October 22, 2010

The happy list

I know today's not over, but I am about to turn off my computer for the day. (Well, probably for the day.) So here's today's list of things that made me happy.

1. It's Friday. I got a lot of work done in the office today, which means I'm mentally prepared to relax for the next two days. And I left after only 8 1/2 hours. Yes, that makes me happy.

2. I'm happy that a week from today I'll be in Richmond visiting my family. The trip will be brief, but I haven't seen my dad, grandmother and brother since April.

3. I did a nice thing for one of my reporters today. He's been taking on extra assignments all week, which has made me very happy. Today, I did a small piece of his job.

4. I ate two bites of the most delicious crustless pumpkin pie. It was basically pumpkin pie filling baked inside pumpkins. It was so yummy and, apparently, pretty good for me. It was made from real pumpkin, honey, molasses and spices. The only thing that would have made me happier at that moment would have been to eat more ... but I didn't.

5. I lost a pound this week. I know I said I was disappointed in my post this morning, but overall I am happy. The big picture is that I lost another pound. As long as I'm losing each week, I'm making progress. And I wore a pair of jeans in a size I haven't worn since high school. And I got a lot of compliments. Very happy and flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment