Friday, October 22, 2010

Weekly weigh-in: Disappointed, but not discouraged

So this morning's weigh-in didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. I set out last Friday wanting to lose 1.4 pounds this week. I lost a pound. I'm disappointed, but still happy to be losing. I've now lost 71.6 pounds since the beginning of the year. Seriously, how could I not be happy about that?

After this week, it also seems less and less likely I'll reach my goal of losing a total of 75 pounds by next Friday. It's not impossible, but it is highly unlikely that I will lose 3.4 pounds next week. I've accepted it. I'm really close to the goal and that's good enough for now. I am proud of myself for simply making it as far as I have. And I'm proud of myself for recently trying to push myself to do more physical activity. I am still progress and that's all that matters.

Now, to the reason why I'm actually in a good place about today's weigh-in. I'm wearing a pair of the new jeans I bought last weekend. They are a size I haven't worn since high school. They make me feel fantastic (and, I must admit, a little self-conscious). Honestly, I've barely worn jeans in the past 10 years. Nothing ever seemed to fit right and they were just uncomfortable. But I love my new jeans and I can't wait until I can buy an even smaller size.

No comments:

Post a Comment