Saturday, October 16, 2010

It might be starting to sink in

I think I've loved to shop my whole life. I can remember going almost every Saturday with my grandmother when I was little. She always bought me the prettiest dresses and shoes. As I got older and gained more weight, though, shopping for clothes became more and more depressing. I still loved to shop, but I hated how things looked and that so many things just didn't fit right. Again, that didn't stop me. I own a lot of clothes and shoes.

I think I had a breakthrough today. Shopping today made me feel good about myself. I bought more than I intended to, but the best part was that I got two pair of jeans in a size I haven't worn since high school. It was such an amazing feeling, and just another reminder of my success. I also felt like I could see a difference when I looked in the dressing-room mirror. Usually, I don't feel like I can see any changes.

I still have a long way to go, but I know I will get there ... even if buying a new wardrobe every three months is sending me to the poorhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment