Wednesday, October 13, 2010

If you're happy and you know it ...

... blog about it. For a week now, I've been in such a good place. That's a pretty good stretch given that for weeks before now my emotions have been all over the map. And I've often blogged about being in a funk. I'm not now. Every time I take a minute to think about how I feel at that moment, I feel happy ... and very calm, cool and collected. I love the sense of balance I seem to have found. For the first time since I can remember, my brain is quiet. I'm not obsessing about anything.

What's changed? Nothing really, except that I was reminded in a roundabout way that by nature I'm very centered and focused. I'm not letting stuff bother me. Or maybe I'm just in some sort of denial. Doesn't matter. I love the way I feel right now. Calm really is the best way to describe it, which is strange because I'd also say I'm so excited ... all the time.

I was telling someone at work that part of my strategy is to take time each night to think about what made me happy that day. I don't start each day thinking about what will make me happy, but I do end the day thinking about what did. And there are so many things. I also try to make sure I savor the good moments throughout the day. Sometimes, the simplest thing can make me smile. I love those moments best.

So, if you're happy and you know it, share the wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment