Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finding inspiration when you least expect it

For quite some time, I've followed @BruceBrownNC on twitter. Check out his blog. I met him a couple of times when the StarNews held blogger meet-ups last year. Each morning, he tweets about the forecast for the Wilmington area and he posts several inspirational quotes, some of which he writes himself. Without thinking, I look for them on twitter each morning. It's just a little something that usually puts a smile on my face first thing in the morning. Today's was particularly fitting.

He wrote: "Finding inspiration from an unexpected source is unexpectedly compelling." I feel like this sums up my life right now. I've blogged previously about getting outside my comfort zone and working to develop new relationships. What I'm finding is inspiration. I seem to be seeking out people who inspire me in some way -- whether it's weight loss, exercise, socializing, attitude, outlook and even work.

In the past, when I've met new people, I've tended to shy away from getting to know them. Now, I can name a handful of people I've become friends in the past several months who make me want to embrace the new me. In fact, they push me to fully develop the new me. And I'm drawn to them. They give me something that's keeping me going.

One of those people insists that I need to accept that I'm the one who's made the changes in my life. But I've tried to explain how important it is to know you are supported. I can only hope that there's something I can do for these people one day. And I hope they know who they are when they read this because I am so thankful for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment