Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Is it time to push myself to do more?

I had lunch with a new friend today and I left feeling completely inspired. We talked about a bunch of things, but the upshot is that I think I might be ready to take on more physical activity. I know it would be good for me. I have enjoyed walking for exercise, but it is kind of boring.

An e-mail later in the day from this friend might be the push I need. She said: "You'll probably be surprised at just how much you can do." I know she's right.

The more weight I lose, the stronger I feel. And, of course, the better I feel. I know more physical activity would help shape my body. It's time to take the leap. I just need something to convince what the right thing to do is. Do a join a gym? Do I get a trainer? Do I keep trying to do it myself?

I'd welcome advice.

On a related note, this new friend is one of the few people I know who seems to understand that a big part of this journey is mental. Changing my entire view of myself and, in some ways, my world isn't easy. But it is exciting.

So, as I think about pushing myself to exercise more, I know I need to push myself outside my comfort zone in other ways. Socializing has always been incredibly difficult for me. I think it's generally been accepted that I don't like being around people. Turns out, that's not true. I'm finding that it's fun. They just need to be the right people.

The right people these days are those who make me laugh and inspire me in some way. Oh, and they have to be supportive of my weight-loss goals. I find that I'm inspired by people who seem to be enjoying life. We all have our ups and downs, but some people just have a more positive outlook than others. Interestingly, I'm one of those people now.

It feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment