Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bribing myself

I'm undecided about whether I did the right thing, but it did stop me from eating this afternoon. We were having a farewell celebration in the newsroom for our interns, so we had cake and pizza. I'd been dreading this afternoon all week.

Pizza!!!! I've been craving it for weeks. I felt fairly certain I could pass up the cake. It's never been one of my favorite foods. But I knew I couldn't resist the pizza. So I planned ahead. I ate light for lunch and convinced myself in advance that I would not eat more than two pieces.

I was so tempted to go back for more. And the chocolate cake almost got the better of me. But I stuck to my plan. When I left work, instead of going home where I'd be tempted to eat more, I headed to the mall. I figured I deserved a reward. I finally bought new shoes.

Although they were on sale, I had no business spending money on them. So I decided the only way I can keep them is if I get up early tomorrow morning and follow my Couch to 5K program. I've been on track all week with my eating and exercise. I don't want to blow it now. I figure if bribing myself with new shoes works, it's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment