Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: I know what it takes

Last week's weight: 187.2
This week's weight: 185.8
Difference: -1.4
Total weight lost since January 2010: 86

It was a good week. It seems that my resolve to eat better and exercise more paid off. But it was a difficult week. I didn't feel hungry, but I wanted to eat so much more. I really had to fight the urge to snack. Cutting back severely on sugar also wasn't easy. And the exercise part ... well, let's just say that my legs hurt, my ankles hurt, my feet hurt. But I jogged/walked five days in a row and I followed the Couch to 5K plan.

Enough with the complaining. I'm thrilled I lost weight. I feel really good mentally and physically. And I kept up my end of the bargain (jogging this morning) so I can keep the new shoes I bought yesterday. I guess the bribe worked.

Now I just have to do it for another week. At least I now know what it takes to be successful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment