Sunday, July 10, 2011

I did it ... sort of

I started the day by making a plan for what I was going to eat today and when I was going to eat it. After yesterday's disaster, I knew I had to do something. Well, I didn't exactly stick to the plan, but I am ending the day with two Weight Watchers points left, which means I can still have a popsicle for dessert.

The key is that I ate lots of healthy foods and didn't overindulge. I even managed to have two homemade watermelon martinis. I used 3 ounces of vodka and lots of watermelon and ice. Having those martinis felt like a real treat and a splurge. Sure, I had to give up my afternoon snack but it was definitely worth it.

There was one point this afternoon when I thought I might get off track and even now I'm thinking about just going to bed so I won't be tempted to eat something else. Forcing myself to keep track of everything I eat and drink makes a difference but it also makes me anxious. What if I get hungry once I've used all of daily points?

I guess I just hope that doesn't happen. Now all I have to do is keep up my guard for the rest of the week. If I can, I know I will see a difference on the scale come Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment