Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Idle hands

It's day three of my attempt to significantly limit how much sugar I eat and I'm feeling a bit jittery this afternoon. It's too early for dinner, but I'm tempted to have a snack. Something chocolate.

I'm hoping by blogging about it, I'll be able to resist temptation. I've noticed these past three days that sticking to my new eating plan is much easier when I stay busy. Luckily, I've had plenty to do at work. Lots of meetings and other work.

When I get home, though, it gets harder. I'm tired (probably the sugar withdrawal), so I plop down on the couch and flip on the TV. Then I start thinking about food.

I made it through Monday and Tuesday night because I had leftovers for dinner and I went to bed early. I still had snacks at night, but waiting until after I'd gone to bed helped me limit what I ate. Today is a different story. Nothing planned for dinner.

I've got chicken thawing but I still don't even know how I'm going to prepare it or what I'm going to have with it. I want pasta. A small serving would keep me well within my Weight Watchers points allotment, but I'm worried that a small amount will just make me want more.

So I've got mushrooms, peas, brussels sprouts, black-eyed peas and corn. Hmmm ... none of that sounds very appealing with the chicken. I've also got eggs and cheese and frozen sweet potato pancakes. Would it be completely strange to make an omelet with the eggs, mushrooms and cheese and then have chicken on the side? Or maybe I could throw the chicken and peas in with the eggs, cheese and mushrooms and make a frittata. That could be OK.

Yes, I know I was just thinking outloud. I needed to talk myself through it. I feel better. I have a plan. Frittata it is. Plus, it will take time to get everything prepared, which should keep me busy and stop me from eating before dinner gets ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment