Saturday, July 23, 2011

What are my dreams telling me?

I may have said this before but analyzing my dreams really doesn't take much effort. I slept terrible last night and had four different dreams. The odd part is that I remembered them all when I first woke up. I don't remember all the details now, but there was a theme -- something I'm doing wrong at work.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist (or a psychologist) to figure out why I dreamed what I did last night. There was an incident at work Friday where I ended up feeling like my feelings don't count and that I had done something wrong when I felt like I had actually done the right thing.

As usual, the details don't really matter. What's important to me is that I need to find a way to let go of the stress this situation has caused because I know that lack of sleep and stress make me weak when it comes to maintaining good eating habits. Already, I binged on chocolate-covered almonds last night. I don't think I did too much damage, but I can't afford to let it happen again.

I write a lot about staying positive and not letting the little setbacks become huge stumbling blocks. But it's not that easy when I don't see progress on the scale and then I face professional obstacles as well. I just end up feeling like I can't do anything right, which I know isn't true. But I can't help how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment