Monday, July 11, 2011

A new day. A new obstacle.

I went to bed last night feeling much better about myself. I had managed my eating well and I walked The Loop for the first time in two months. I felt so good that I decided to set my alarm to go off an hour early so I could walk laps around my neighborhood before work this morning.

Well, I woke up about 15 minutes before the alarm was supposed to even go off. Then, I had what I consider to be a make or break moment. My body didn't want to get out of bed and my pillow felt so soft and comfy under my head. I curled up tightly under the covers.

But then my brain went crazy. Seriously, it was almost like someone was in my head yelling at me. Suddenly, I knew that the decision I made this morning would determine whether I've truly changed my lifestyle and whether I would easily fall back into old habits.

Less than five minutes later, I was in my workout clothes and out the door. The cool air was refreshing and I feel energized and clear-headed now. I feel ready to tackle today (which by the way is my first day back at work after 10 days off).

No comments:

Post a Comment