Friday, July 15, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Gonna try not to let it get me down

Last week's weight: 187
This week's weight: 186.4
Difference: -0.6
Total weight lost since January 2010: 85.4

As you know if you've been reading this week, it's been a roller-coaster ride. Last week, I truly hit rock bottom. I thought I had before. But Saturday was it. After scarfing down nearly an entire bag of Cheez Doodles that day, I was panicked about whether I could move forward. The voice in my head kept saying, "Why are you even bothering to try?"

Luckily, I rebounded quickly. By Sunday, I had a new attitude. I walked five days in a row and stayed on track with my points every day but Thursday. I had to see a better result on the scale, but I also know that I'm glad to have lost. I know that if I could just string together a few good weeks, I'd see the changes I want to see.

I'm still holding onto my goal of getting to 100 pounds lost by Oct. 1. It seems impossible right now. But I don't want to give up. And I don't want to let setbacks get me down. It doesn't matter what the scale said this morning. I've felt better this week than I have in a long time. That's evidence enough that I have to keep trying even when I fail from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment