Thursday, July 21, 2011

What happened?

I felt so good earlier this week. I walked/jogged before work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. And, despite a couple of splurges, I'd been eating well. The scale wasn't exactly cooperating, but I felt good and was in such a good mood.

I crumbled today. I didn't get up to walk before work today because my head was hurting when I woke up. So I just laid in the bed. By the time I got to work, though, I felt better and wasn't letting it bother me too much. Then lunchtime rolled around. I couldn't make myself eat the frozen dinner I had brought. Instead, I got Chinese with a colleague.

The scale when I got home told me quickly that I didn't make the right decision. Tomorrow morning's weigh-in will likely not go well. The number I just saw on the scale (189 pounds) is the highest I've seen in weeks. I'm gonna drink lots of water tonight and really try to go light on dinner. But it probably won't be enough to make a difference at this point.

I'm really disappointed in myself. I feel like there was no good reason for me to slip. I just didn't have the will power to see it through today. And I really needed a good day because of the splurges earlier in the week. It's just so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment