Friday, January 28, 2011

BAM! I didn't see that coming

It's been exactly three weeks since my last obsessive-compulsive freak out. Bam! Out of the blue, I feel like I might lose my mind.

It's been a weird week. But for the most part, I feel like I've kept it together. Not been too crazy. A little down in the dumps. But all in all, pretty good. Eating habits were good until today. Lots of walking.

Ugh! So why is it that just when I think I've let it go, something happens and I feel right back where I started? Seriously, I was thinking yesterday that I might be ready to blog about how I had let it go. It might have taken me almost two months, but I thought I did it.

Now, I'm beating myself up over it. I know I shouldn't. And it has nothing to do with my weight loss journey. But it is all about my mental journey. I want so badly to overcome this one thing.

It's just so frustrating that I can't will myself to get past it. Three weeks of effort wasted. Oh well. I guess I'll start again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What did you eat for supper? Assuming that this unpleasantness began between then and now, it just seems to me there has to be a connection. I don't think they use MSG at Indochine, but they might, and it's been known to affect people that way. Have you been tested for allergies and sensitivities like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, as always, I appreciate your concern and support. I know exactly what the problem is and what the trigger is. It's just not something I'm comfortable sharing on the blog. And what I realized not long after I wrote this post is that I've avoided the obsessive-compulsive behavior for three weeks because the trigger wasn't present. So, I know, I need to eliminate the trigger. That's not likely. So I really need to figure out how to train my brain to react differently. And apparently that's going to be harder than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's turkey sandwiches, my bad. I should have known better than to bug you at the end of the day.

    Just curios, have you been walking on the ever expanding cross city trail at all? My wife wants to scope it out some day, I've only shot a couple sections. Would love to know if it's worth a hike...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not turkey sandwiches!!!! I have not walked on the cross city trail. Only walk in my neighborhood and The Loop. Tomorrow will be second time at Greenfield Lake, though.

    ReplyDelete