Saturday, January 1, 2011

To making it count

I'm not sure why that line from Titanic popped into my head this morning, but it certainly is fitting so I'm going with it. I have a lot of goals for the new year, but my only real resolution is to make this year count. For me, that means filling the year with memorable experiences that make me happy. I'm off to a good start.

I rang in the new year with new friends, champagne, a bonfire, fireworks ... and there was a pony. I ate raw fish for the first time and a drank what I'm told was a Manhattan but I'm a little skeptical about whether it was really made correctly. The fish and the drink both weren't too bad. And I love that I'm now the kind of person who wakes up on New Year's Day slightly hungover and decides to go walk The Loop anyway. I feel fantastic!

My weight loss goal for 2011 is to lose 40 more pounds. I've thought about it a lot and decided to give myself the entire year. That's 10 pounds per quarter. (At work, I think we'd call that a SMART goal. Haha.) It's a reasonable and very attainable goal. And I think the slow pace of weight loss will ensure that I keep it off. Plus, it gives me leeway to enjoy my life. For example, I'm having s'mores tonight. Can you believe I've never eaten one before? I can't wait.

As for my other goals, we'll just see what happens. But I do intend to mark a few things off my list of things to do before I'm 40. Of course, I might add a few as well. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment