Friday, January 7, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Off to a good start

Last week's weight: 193.4
This week's weight: 190.6
Difference: -2.8
Total lost: 81.2

Apparently, getting a little nutty and complaining helps me lose weight. OK. I don't really believe that, but how do you explain this week's weight loss? Of course, I'm ecstatic. I did exercise four days in a row, but then nothing for the past three days. I would say my eating/drinking has been right on track all week, though. This is the biggest weekly loss in a long time. It feels great. I don't expect the amount lost to be that high every week. One pound a week is really my goal for this year.

I have spent a good bit of this week feeling down on myself and whining and blah blah. I've commented more than once that I just wanted something good to happen. Lots of little good things have happened. But there have been a few gigantic bad things. Since I complained about those, though, I feel compelled to blog about the really good thing that happened yesterday. It actually feels weird because now I feel like I'm bragging.

Anyway, I was named manager of the year at work. I thought I might faint when I first realized it was going to be me. I don't take criticism well, but I do usually expect it. Praise is even harder for me to accept. I know, it's all part of my low self-esteem problems. Naturally, I was thrilled. But I felt embarrassed. What did I do to deserve it? I have 20 people on my team and they are the ones who deserve an award. If they didn't consistently perform at a high level, I wouldn't be a good manager. My point, though, is that a really good thing happened. As bad as I felt the day before, I felt equally as good yesterday. So I guess it all balances out.

And now to have lost 2.8 pounds this week is just the icing on the cake. I'm excited to have hit the ground running in the new year.

1 comment: