Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Turning point?

I've been whining and complaining a lot lately and I'm hoping today was the turning point. After yesterday's mini-meltdown, I knew I had to do something. Today was better. Not great. But a definite improvement. I resisted a lot of temptation at work today to eat poorly. Yes, I passed up the chocolate muffins at a morning meeting, the brownies at lunch, and the cookies and doughnuts after lunch. It wasn't easy. I almost cracked about 3:30 and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie. But I didn't. I ate my banana instead. Progress.

Another sign of progress came when I got home from work. I made a random post on facebook about not achieving a goal for the third day in a row. It actually had nothing to with weight loss or exercising, but it did end up leading to me meeting a friend to walk about two miles tonight. I haven't done any sort of exercise in about two weeks. Progress.

Now, I'm setting the alarm for 5:30 a.m. Goal is to get up by 6 a.m. and walk around my neighborhood a few times or at least do some sort of exercise in my living room for an hour. If I do it, I think I will be able to say I've officially turned a corner. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Sherry!! Hey - want me to call you at 6? hehe ;-) just kidding. Although I AM up at that hour ...

    ReplyDelete