Sunday, January 2, 2011

Raising my fitness level

If 2010 was about losing weight, I really want 2011 to be about getting fit. Of course I still want to lose weight. But I know that will happen if I step up my physical activity. So this is my vow to do it.

Thanks to the warm weather, I'm off to a good start. Walked The Loop at Wrightsville Beach yesterday and walked/jogged 3 miles around my neighborhood this morning. I can tell, though, that I hadn't been doing any sort of exercise for a few weeks because my legs are a little sore. And I was pretty slow both days. I'm not going to worry about that right now.

My mission is to simply do some sort of physical activity every day. I feel amazing every time I do. And I think it also helps keep me mentally fit. The walking gives me a lot of time to think. Sometimes that's a bad thing, but somehow doing it while walking clears my mind and gets me focused. I'm still thinking about joining a gym, but I'm not sold on it yet. I just don't know if I would actually go.

So if anyone wants to walk with me or play tennis or whatever, let me know. Part of my goal is going to be finding new places to walk, like Greenfield Lake or Halyburton Park. I just need to get motivated to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Greenfield Lake is great, and just the right distance to be a challenge without killing you. Come on go with us one weekend, as long as you don't mind letting the sniff queen of Wilmington set the pace - takes a little while to get her moving at first!
    p.s. I eat soup for breakfast all the time on purpose, nothing weird about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather can play a big role when it comes to your mood. If the weather is fine, you'll be glad to do your workout. Otherwise, it can pull you down. But it still depends on the person himself. If he knows the tasks he needs to do, then the weather will just be a variable in the equation.

    Regards,
    Mathias

    ReplyDelete