Monday, January 31, 2011

Biggest Loser challenge 2011

As most of you probably already know, my weight-loss journey began last January when some of my colleagues started a Biggest Loser challenge in the office. I signed up on a whim, but it's obviously worked out well so far. I came in fourth overall during the first round and I won the second round.


We're doing it again this year. The first official weigh-in was supposed to be this past Friday. But I didn't actually weigh-in on the scale at work until today. Clearly, that scale is not my friend. But for the purposes of the challenge, I will start using the number each week for my weekly weigh-ins.

So I'm starting at 193.8 pounds. I was at 271.8 pounds when we started last year. Wow!. Any time I need something to be happy about, I know I need to simply look at how far I've come. And I'm not giving up. I am, however, going to revise my goal. The challenge ends on April 29, so I want to lose 15 pounds between now and then. It's ambitious, but I think I can do it.

To get things started, I thought I'd have new photos taken. My friend Paul Stephen, a photographer at the StarNews, was kind enough to make me look good. So here they are. When the challenge ends, I'll post more photos.

Until then, I'm hoping this latest round of competition will keep me motivated. As you know, I've struggled a little bit lately. But I love the new photos and I'm sure my competitive spirit will kick in.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Longtime reader, first-time commenter here. I just have to say -- you look sensational! I draw all sorts of inspiration from blogs: I've lost 40 pounds and find the challenges are just beginning. Awesome, flattering photos are a HUGE boost for me, and they should be for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feedback and for reading. It sounds like you're doing great. If there's ever anything I can do to help you in your efforts, feel free to e-mail me at weighinginwithsherry@gmail.com. I've had so much support from others that I'm happy to reciprocate whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete